George Jackson University (GJU)
For the past 20 years or more, many People, prison rights activists in particular, have spoken on the importance of education as the most effective tool towards combating recidivism, but unfortunately many have only paid lip service to this cause, a cause that we can no longer afford to ignore or pay lip service to without concrete action.
We, as New Afrikans, are initiating a concrete action beyond rhetoric and lip service.
We are reinstituting the concept of transforming the entire U.S. Prison-Industrial Slave-Complex (PISC) into the largest progressive educational institution in the country, with emphasis on Afro-centric and Pan-Afrikan studies and New Afrikan political education.
Our primary objectives at this moment will be five-fold:
- To eradicate functional illiteracy among New Afrikan (Black) Prisoners.
- To eradicate cultural ignorance among New Afrikan Prisoners.
- To transform the New Afrikan criminal mentality.
- To assist in the rebuilding and stabilization of the New Afrikan communities.
- To prepare New Afrikan Prisoners for release / reducing New Afrikan recidivism!
The GJU primary curriculums:
- Afro-centric Pan-Afrikan Studies
- New Afrikan Criminology 101
- New Afrikan Political Science and Education
- Reading and Writing
- Math and Science
- Computer Science
- Green Technology
- Health and Fitness
- Business and Finance
- Arts and Crafts
- Pre-Release Survival Programs
All GJU faculty and registered students will adhere to the following rules and protocols. Any violations will result in immediate expulsion or probation. The circumstances will determine the particulars. We intend to develop and implement additional rules for both students and faculty, but the following rules and protocols are very essential to the integrity of the GJU:
- No registered Student or Faculty Member will participate in gang activity (as defined by the GJU Disciplinary Board).
- No registered Student or Faculty Member will participate in criminal activity (as defined by the GJU Board of Directors).
- No registered Student or Faculty Member will engage in the sale or manufacture of any illicit drugs, including pills and marijuana, and not necessarily limited to these.
- No registered Student or Faculty Member will engage in hard drugs, including taking pills for the purpose of getting high.
- No registered Student or Faculty Member will drink alcohol or smoke marijuana.
- No registered Student or Faculty Member will be an informant, child molester, serial killer, serial rapist, baby killer, woman beater, pimp, elder abuser, or on sensitive needs yards! Or in protective custody! If anyone has any questions concerning this you can contact me directly!
People, the George Jackson University (GJU) is no longer a theory. New Afrikan community activists across the country are pledging their support and joining our GJU. It is now an inherent component within the National Afrikan-Amerikan Family Reunion Association (NAAFRA.org). It is rapidly expanding. The time for talk is over.
If you truly believe in the education of New Afrikan / Black Prisoners, reducing New Afrikan recidivism and eradicating Black-on-Black gang violence, then join and / or support the GJU. We don’t need your lip service. We need your support!
Since 2003 when i along with Dr Donald R. Evans first developed the GJU concept, the California Department of Corrections (CDCr) has criminalized our work, has sabotaged our gains with impunity. We both have been persecuted by the CDC amd their agents of repression (e.g. Institutional Gang Investigation Unit [IGI], Investigative Services Unit [ISU], and Office of Correctional Safety [OCS/SSU]).
When i became eligible for release from solitary confinement, i was denied release on the sole purpose of my involvement with the GJU, they even sabotaged my marriage, falsely accusing her of being a drop-box for the Black Guerrilla Family (BGF), only to testify under oath five (5) years later that accusation was not true, but the damage was done.
We have sacrificed too much to just allow this work to be destroyed by the agents of repression COINTELPRO attacks.
Our fight is now beginning to pay off: a Judge with moral fortitude recently granted my state writ requesting an evidentiary hearing on GJU; this will be our OPPORTUNITY to expose the crimes committed against good people out there by the CDC and their agents of repression.
One of our most committed GJU Activists, Brotha Nathan Perkins recently joined our ancestors, but I told him years ago, I will not allow these folks to get away with their crimes, and after 13 years of litigating this battle in the courts, we have now been granted with the opportunity to take our fight to the courts.
The GJU is now in full effect, and we will now have the courts confirming the legality of our endeavors, and the criminalization of the CDCr. It is time for you to join the GJU!
Abdul Olugbala Shakur, Chancellor
The George Jackson University (GJU) is sponsored by:
National Afrikan-Amerikan Family reunion Association – NAAFRA.org
Free-Speech Society (FSS) – Freespeechsociety.org
If you are interested in joining the GJU, NAAFRA, or the FSS, please contact one of us at the below address:
Abdul Olugbala Shakur
s/n J. Harvey
P.O. Box 5102
Delano, CA 93216
Joka Heshima Jinsai
s/n S. Denham
P.O. Box 5102
Delano, CA 93216
Download our Flyer GJU 2015